Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Our First Anatolian - Pilots Peak Rudder


This is my girl Rudder. She came to us in 1999 at 11 months old. Rudder was a big girl and as sweet as can be.


This new goat Mama was completely comfortable with Rudder being so close.


Rudder just had her first litter of pups at this time. The pups were only about 2 wks. old and she still felt driven to be out with our goat girls when they gave birth. One very devoted guardian. Her pups were only an ear shot away.


Here are Rudders pups from her first and only litter. The Nubian kids just had to come and visit. Notice how careful they are about where they step. Visitation rights were only allowed when we were there.


Rudder's and our first litter of Anatolian Pups. Are they beautiful or what? Sire was CH Night Watch's Rob of Sorter "Robbie".

4 comments:

Alyssa Jean said...

I think my goat has been bitten by a copperhead. She seems like she's paralyzed on the left side of her head. She's breathing funny and has a lot of mucus drool coming from her mouth. I think she may have been struck in the eye. I think she's blind now.
Do you know of any good sites or information of what I should do, other than put her down... I don't want to put her down, but she's lost a bunch of weight and I don't know if she can swallow water or eat.

Thanks! I'm glad to hear your dog was fine after that.

Blessings

Mary Birdsong said...

Hello little handmaiden,
I just had another Anatolian bit by a copperhead in the foot 2 days ago. I give them Benedril. I've had goats, even kids bitten and they all swell up pretty stiff, worse than the dogs, but they usually get through it in about 3 days. Your goat was bit in a very sensitive spot. Have you taken her to a Vet? The Vet could advise you how to help her. I really wish you well. Keep me posted on how she does.

Alyssa Jean said...

Thank you so much for commenting so fast. I had my boyfriend visiting my house today and he looked at her. He was looking into being a vet so he knows a lot about animals. Anyway, he said that it looks like it's going to be too late to do anything for her.
Tomorrow my dad is going to have to put her down... She's just suffering too much, I can't bare to see her like this...

I'm so glad that I found you though. Thank you for the information you've given me. I was sure that if we ever had a dog bite by a copperhead that there's nothing you can do, other than put them down.

Also, the vets that we have around our area don't know much about goats at all... It's pretty sad really... We're always needing help on our goats, but the vets can't normally help us.

Thank you again for your help. :)

Thy little handmaiden

Mary Birdsong said...

Sorry to hear she won't make it. That's never easy loosing one of your flock. I send a warm hug to you. You can e-mail me directly at kussarkisi@flatcreekmo.com Take care..