Friday, January 26, 2007

More new Goat kids.....with Melek



This is Flower giving birth to her second kid. I'm just holding this kid between contractions at this point. Flower had problems that needed my attention. She went into labor, not hard labor, but had no progression. Upon an examination by me I found out that the first kid being presented was breech trying to come out tail first. So, with patience and gentle persistance I, with the help of my husband and my friend, Bess on the phone, was able to manipulate the kid and managed to straighten out both back legs for an easier delivery. The kid was extremely weak but with effort we were able to help pull her through. This is Melek shown with one of the other two that Flower gave birth to that were both presented head first both forelegs back. More manipulation. All three kids are just fine. Two doelings and one buckling.



This is the first little doe kid in the house after being warmed up and given some colostrum. She just could not stand on the wood floor.

No comments: